- This event has passed.
AWR2013 – Critical Infrastructure Security & Resilience Awareness
October 2, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course will introduce participants to the key terms, policy, guidance, and preparedness efforts required to safeguard the Nation’s critical infrastructure. Participants will discuss the risk management framework, describe Federal critical infrastructure security and resilience and information sharing programs, and relate critical infrastructure programs to individual actions.
Focus will be placed on local preparedness efforts as they relate to the national approach to critical infrastructure security and resilience, enabling stakeholders to address local planning within a common framework. Informed planning is consistent with accepted emergency management standards as the basis for planning across the mission areas of prevention, protection, mitigation, response, and recovery.
- The Critical Infrastructure Challenge
- Federal Policy and Guidance
- Risk Management
- Roles and Responsibilities of Critical Infrastructure Partners
- Information Sharing Programs
- Individual Actions.
FEMA Student ID Number (SID) – Students must provide a SID number to access the class. (To create or recover your SID, goto: https://cdp.dhs.gov/FEMASID )
- IS-100.B: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
- AWR-160: WMD/Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders
Course Length: One Day (8 hours).
CE Credits: IACET – .8 CEUs
- Critical infrastructure owners, operators, and managers
- Federal, State, local, regional, tribal, and territorial government officials and managers
- Sector-Specific Agency managers
- Other organizations and managers with critical infrastructure responsibilities