Coronavirus Disease Response in Washington State
COVID-19 resources, links to guidance, regional plans and resource requests are available here.
- This event has passed.
Stop the Bleed
November 13, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Mass casualty events can happen at anytime and anywhere. At your workplace, at the game, during your commute, or even at your house. This free Stop the Bleed training will equip participants with the knowledge to save lives.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage.
- Demonstrate wound packing and learn about topical hemostatic dressings.
- Explain the rationale for early use of a tourniquet for life-threatening extremity bleeding.
- Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg.
- One ticket per person max
- Please cancel ASAP if you are not able to attend giving others an opportunity to register in your place
- Please register with the name you would like to appear on your certificate
If you require any special accommodation to participate in this training, please contact the Office of Emergency Management at (206) 233-5076 or SNAP@seattle.gov. For interpretation assistance, at least 5 days advance notice is required.
*Disclaimer: Some graphic images of life threatening bleeding are shown during this class