Hospital Capacity and Respiratory Surge
NWHRN works with coalition partners to support capacity and response challenges
Winter Weather Tips and Resources - click here
Prepare for winter with our tips. Find snow routes and other information.
- This event has passed.
Public Health and Medical Services in Defense Support of Civil Authorities Course (PH MED DSCA)
November 5, 2018 - November 9, 2018
PH MED DSCA is a 5-day interactive, Department of Defense (DoD) course focusing on inter-governmental and inter-agency response. The program increases attendees’ knowledge & skills through expert presentations, table-top exercises, and discussions between DoD, Federal, State, and local partners in support of the National Preparedness Goals.
SOME OF THE TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED
- National Preparedness.
- Essential Medical Planning Considerations.
- Public Health and Medical Considerations.
- State, Local, Tribal, Territorial (SLTT) and Federal Response.
- Emergency Support Function 8 – Public Health and Medical Services.
- Defense Support of Civil Authorities (DSCA).
- Legal/Ethical Issues Impacting a Catastrophic Incident.
- Medical Institution Evacuation & Safe Patient Movement.
- Fatality Management.
- Building Community Resiliency.
COURSE DATES: 5-9 November 2018 – Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), WA
DO I QUALIFY? The PH MED DSCA Course is a DoD course that targets medical commanders and staff assigned at various levels of the DoD. There are seats available for interagency partners, state and local health emergency management and public health officials, and civilian partners that have a responsibility in preparing for, responding to, and recovering from all-hazards incidents.
COSTS. There is no registration fee for this course. For those outside of the JBLM area, travel costs are unit/ organization funded.
CONTINUING EDUCATION (CE) CREDIT. Category I Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) credit available.
WHAT ARE THE PRE-REQUISITES?
- Independent Study (IS) 100.c (ICS 100) – Introduction to Incident Command System or equivalent.
- IS 200.b (ICS 200) – Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents or equivalent.
- IS 700.b – An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- IS 800.c – National Response Framework (NRF), an Introduction
- Defense Support of Civil Authorities (DSCA) Phase I
- *IS 100.c, 700.b, and 800.c are revised. Previous versions (100.b, 700.a, 800.b) will be accepted.