Adult and Pediatric Respiratory Surge
NWHRN works closely with coalition partners to support current respiratory surge challenges
Winter Weather Tips and Resources - click here
Prepare for winter with our tips. Find snow routes and other information.
- This event has passed.
MGT-342 Strategic Overiew of Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities
June 8, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
The National Infrastructure Protection Plan identified water and wastewater (WWW) systems as critical infrastructure (CI). These systems are critical to the communities’ public health and economic development. The interdependencies between WWW, other CI sectors, and emergency management require a common understanding by jursdiction stakeholders of water sector impacts. This overview course provides an opportunity to work together to improve community resiliency.
This course will introduce frameworks for WWW disaster management including portions of the Environmental Protection Agency’s Response Protocol Toolbox. Participants will examine case studies and will have the opportunity to identify planning factors in response to a catastrophic event.
- Water and Wastewater System Vulnerability, Response and Recovery Processes
- Threats to Water and Wastewater Utilities
- Preparing For and Responding To Disasters Affecting Water and Wastewater Utilities
- Emergency Management
- Public Works Management
- Utility Management
- Health Care and Hospital Management
- Water Authorities
- City and County Elected Officials
- City and County Emergency Managers
- Senior Emergency Response Personnel
- Water and Wastewater Utility Board Members, Operators and Field Personnel
- Lab Personnel, Inspectors, Engineers
- Senior Regulatory Officials
- Tribal Council Member
Seattle Public Utilities
To apply, please contact Chad Beuchler.