NWHRN provides information to support winter weather preparedness, respiratory surge, and more.
- This event has passed.
MGT-319 Medical Countermeasures: Points of Dispensing (POD), Planning & Response
August 1, 2018 - August 2, 2018Free
This training course is to enhance jurisdiction preparedness and emergency response efforts by providing the knowledge of how to exercise and revise a plan that utilizes an all-hazards, whole community approach toward a medical countermeasures event. Assists with coordination of planning and training for, and responding to a medical countermeasure response for a public health incident. This course responds directly to the National Preparedness Goal; as it applies to delivery of medical countermeasures to exposed populations.
- Participants will be able to discuss the roles and responsibilities for local, state, and federal levels across a broad range of complex preparedness challenges related to mass prophylaxis
- Participants will be able to apply the Incident Command System (ICS) for Point of Dispensing (POD) operations initial planning, execution, and demobilization of a jurisdictional response
- Participants will be able to examine the planning needs to operate a Point of Dispensing (POD) site
- Participants will be able to demonstrate the essential functions of Point of Dispensing (POD) setup and operations
- Participants will be able to identify categories and training of personnel necessary for Point of Dispensing (POD) operations
- Participants will be able to evaluate a mass prophylaxis dispensing plan for their jurisdiction through testing, developing, or refining
- Public Health
- Health care and ancillary service groups
- Law Enforcement
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Service
- Emergency Management
- Public Works
- Public Safety Communications
- Educational Community
- Private Industry
- Non-Government Organizations (NGOs)
City of Everett DEM
To register, contact Rachael Doniger at firstname.lastname@example.org