Extreme Heat and Smoke Preparedness
NWHRN works closely with our partners for extreme weather and wildfire related events.
- This event has passed.
ICS-300 Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
October 1, 2018 - October 2, 2018Free
This course provides training on and resources for personnel who require advanced application of the Incident Command System (ICS). This course expands upon information covered in the ICS 100 and ICS 200 courses.
- Describe how the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Command and Management component supports the management of expanding incidents.
- Describe the incident/event management process for supervisors and expanding incidents as prescribed by the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Implement the incident management process on a simulated Type 3 incident.
- Develop an Incident Action Plan for a simulated incident.
- IS-100 Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS) (any version)
- IS-200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (any version)
- IS-700 National Incident Management System (any version)
- IS-800 National Response Framework, An Introduction (any version)
Visit FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute to complete the Independent Study courses.
Individuals who may assume a supervisory role in expanding incidents or Type 3 incidents.
Note: During a Type 3 incident, some or all of the Command and General Staff positions may be activated, as well as Division/Group Supervisor and/or Unit Leader level positions. These incidents may extend into multiple operational periods.
Monique Rabideau, Manager
WSDOT SW Region IRT TMC & EOC
D: 360 905 2198
C: 360 601 3079