The Network facilitates region wide planning with healthcare and other emergency response organizations to establish relationships, leverage expertise and develop plans and tools. Working together with our partners, the Network has developed plans and tools to help prepare all types of healthcare facilities for their next emergency, including:
- Regional Healthcare System Emergency Response Plan and its associated training video
- Guidelines for Writing an Emergency Preparedness Plan Workbook (Sustaining Members only)
- Regional Acute Infectious Disease Response Plan and its associated training video
- Regional Healthcare Situational Awareness Procedure and its associated training video
- Regional Patient Movement Response Plan and its associated training video
- Regional Scarce Resource Management and Concept of Operations (in final stages)
- Multi County Patient Tracking Plan and its associated training video
- Disaster Medical Coordination Center overview
- Western Washington Healthcare Coalition Inventory Report
- Personal Preparedness in 28 Days
- NWHRN Clinical Guidance NDMS Outbound Patient Movement Toolkit
- Hospital Guidelines of Management of Pediatric Patients in Disasters Toolkit for King and Pierce counties (updates in progress)
- Regional Healthcare Hazard Vulnerability Assessments (HVA)
- Healthcare Resource Requesting Flow Chart and Process
- Washington State Resource Request Form 213RR
- Scarce Resource Management and Crisis Standards of Care Overview and Materials
Resources and Information Sharing
The ability to communicate with regional partners during an emergency is critical to obtaining situational awareness, making informed decisions and acquiring needed resources.
For winter weather, here is the latest list of resources, such as utility and transportation links, to keep you prepared and informed.
Our Frequently Request Resources list with links for alerts and hazard information has been updated and compiled by District. Click here to download
The Network also develops strategies for regional information exchange and resource matching. This includes manages a variety of mutual aid agreements, such as:
- Mutual Aid Plan for Healthcare Resource Sharing
- Hospital Evacuation and Response Mutual Aid Agreement
Community Planning Resources
Local emergency management offices also provide helpful planning resources, including local hazard vulnerability analyses and comprehensive emergency management plans. These resources can be accessed at the following websites:
- City of Seattle Office of Emergency Management
- Clallam County Office of Emergency Management
- Grays Harbor County Department of Emergency Management
- Island County Department of Emergency Management
- Jefferson County Department of Emergency Management
- King County Office of Emergency Management
- Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management
- Lewis County Department of Emergency Management
- Pacific County Emergency Management Agency
- Pierce County Department of Emergency Management
- Mason County Division of Emergency Management
- San Juan County Department of Emergency Management
- Skagit County Department of Emergency Management
- Snohomish County Department of Emergency Management
- Thurston County Emergency Management
- Whatcom County Division of Emergency Management
- For a downloadable list of the Network’s resources click here.
- Active Shooter: Quick links for preparedness and response.
- Flu Season: Quick links for preparedness and the latest news.
For more information about the Network’s plans and planning initiatives, contact us.