This expansion, effective July 1, presents a number of opportunities to enhance services to our members, partners and our community as we work to build a more resilient healthcare system, including:
- Streamlined preparedness activities for healthcare organizations that have facilities operating in these counties.
- Alignment and integration of response plans and capabilities to improve emergency responses so that we can better serve patients and our communities.
- Expanded planning, training and exercise opportunities, and access to a larger pool of disaster mutual aid for healthcare organizations across all three counties.
- Sharing of best practices and resources across the continuum of care.
- An efficient strategy for meeting federal grant deliverables and effective use of our financial resources.
The Network will continue to host trainings and exercises, plan meetings and events, provide WATrac support, and coordinate with healthcare and public health during emergency responses.
In addition to our Kitsap County expansion, the Network will lead a combination of initiatives to help advance healthcare preparedness in Washington. These activities will focus on support for all Western Washington healthcare coalitions in:
- Patient movement and inter-coalition response coordination planning.
- Information management.
- Training and exercise.
Additionally, the Network will lead statewide healthcare supply chain continuity planning.
New Staff and Changing Roles at the Network
To accommodate the expansion of the Network's impact footprint, we're excited to announce new staff and changing roles at the Network to ensure continuity, successful integration and coordination of our coalition efforts.Get the scoop on who's doing what here.