Greetings Network members and coalition partners:
We are pleased to announce that the Northwest Healthcare Response Network will be expanding our healthcare coalition to Kitsap County, effective July 1, 2017.
This expansion presents a number of opportunities to enhance services to our members, partners and our community as we work to build a more resilient healthcare system, including:
- Streamlined preparedness activities for healthcare organizations that have facilities operating in King, Pierce and Kitsap counties.
- Alignment and integration of response plans and capabilities to improve emergency responses so that we can better serve patients and our communities.
- Expanded planning, training and exercise opportunities, and access to a larger pool of disaster mutual aid for healthcare organizations across all three counties.
- Sharing of best practices and resources across the continuum of care.
- An efficient strategy for meeting federal grant deliverables and effective use of our financial resources.
The Network will continue to host trainings and exercises, plan meetings and events, provide WATrac support, and coordinate with healthcare and public health during emergency responses.
In addition to our Kitsap County expansion, the Network will lead a combination of initiatives to help us advance healthcare preparedness in Washington. These activities will focus on support for all Western Washington healthcare coalitions in:
- patient movement and inter-coalition response coordination planning.
- information management.
- training and exercise.
Additionally, the Network will lead statewide healthcare supply chain continuity planning.
These transitions provide an exciting opportunity to build a stronger healthcare community in Washington. We appreciate your ongoing support as we continue to build a more prepared and resilient region. Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions or concerns. For more information, visit our website.
Yours in preparedness,
VP of Administrative Services, Kaiser Permanente
Chair, Board of Directors