Ebola Updates and Resources
Use these quick links for local provider news and the latest government advisories and preparedness updates on Ebola (Provider resources are listed for informational purposes only and do not imply endorsement by the Northwest Healthcare Response Network).
Ebola Snapshot Reports and Links from the Network
When activated, Network members and partners receive daily situational awareness reports via email from our Healthcare Emergency Coordination Center (HECC). The snapshot reports contain information about Network and regional activities as well as key informational links. Some of these links are also listed below.
Local provider preparedness
- Seattle firefighters learn new Ebola protocol, King 5 News
- Seattle-area hospitals get ready in case of Ebola, Puget Sound Business Journal
- American Ebola patients could be airlifted to Harborview, Seattle Times
Regional public health authorities
- Ebola Facts and Resources, Public Health—Seattle & King County
- Ebola facts page, Tacoma-Pierce County Health Dept.
- Health Providers Advisories, Public Health—Seattle & King County
- Ebola Information for Health Providers, Tacoma–Pierce County Health Dept.
- Health Advisories and Alerts, Tacoma–Pierce County Health Dept.
- Harborview Ready to Accept Ebola Patients, Washington State Dept. of Health
Federal public health authorities
- Ebola ConOps Planning Template
- General Ebola Information page on CDC website
- National Association for Home Care & Hospice- Ebola Task Force Resources
- Ebola Ambulatory Settings CDC
- Interim U.S. Guidance for Monitoring and Movement of Persons with Potential EVD Exposure, CDC Update
- Guidance on Personal Protective Equipment, (PPE) for Healthcare Workers including Procedures for Putting On (Donning) and (Doffing)
- Tightened Guidance for U.S. Healthcare Workers on PPE for Ebola, CDC Fact Sheet
- Ebola Information for Public Health and Medical Professionals, U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services (HHS)
- HHS Open Letter to U.S. Healthcare Professionals, Dept of Health & Human Services
- OSHA Ebola Information, U.S. Dept. of Labor
- USAID International Response and West Africa Situation Reports
- How is the end of an Ebola outbreak decided and declared, WHO
- Demand soars for Ebola Supplies as cost and safety concerns rise
- Doing Today’s Work Superbly Well- Treating Ebola with Current Tools
- IDSA Statement on Involuntary Quarantine of Healthcare Workers Returning from Ebola-Affected Countries, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- APIC opposes mandatory quarantines for healthcare personnel returning from Ebola care in West Africa, Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
- The Nebraska Ebola Method—for Clinicians
- Online Ebola courses for providers from American College of Emergency Physicians
- Joint_Commission_Standards_for_Managing_Ebola_Patient, PDF
- Ebola Preparedness Resources from the Joint Commission
- Full Barrier Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Donning & Doffing Video, Minnesota Dept. of Health
- Resilience Through Learning—Ebola, Nat. Center for Disaster Medicine & Public Health
- World Health Organization Ebola information
Updated: January 20, 2014